Coaching staff and Athletic Training Staff are present for all soccer and lacrosse practices and competitions.
AED, vacuum splint bag, first aid supplies, and crutches are available on the field during practices and competitions.
In the event of an emergency:
1. Provide immediate care of the injured student-athlete/staff member.
2. Activate Emergency Medical Services (EMS) using
a. Fixed Telephone Line: Dial 9-911.
b. Cellular Telephone: Dial 911.
Instruct EMS personnel to "Report to Maloney Field using the ___ entrance. We have an injured student-athlete/staff member in need of emergency medical treatmkent. We are located on the field. A member of the Sports Medicine Team will be waiting for you at the East end of Varsity Lot #1.
3. Notify Stanford Sports Medicine Staff at Arrillaga Family Sports Center Athletic Training Room by calling (650) 723-1214.
4. Retrieve necessary emergency equipment.
5. Direct EMS to the scene.
a. Open appropriate gates/doors.
b. Designate individual to "flag down" EMS and direct them to the scene.
c. Control the scene - Limit the scene to first responders. Remove bystanders.
Certified Athletic Trainer:
Lindsey Dame, Nina Holley, Jesse Free
1. From Campus Drive: Turn onto Galvez St. heading North, then turn Right on Nelson Road. Follow Neslon Road as it veers to the left and becomes Sam MacDonald Road. Maloney Field is on the right. Go through the double open gate on Northwest end of Maloney Field.
2. From El Camino Real: Turn Left onto Sam MacDonald Road. Go down to the end of Sam MacDonald Road where Maloney Field will be on the left.