Coaching Staff and/or Athletic Training Staff are present for all soccer and lacrosse practices and competitions.
AED, vacuum splint bag, first aid supplies, and crutches are available on the field during traditional practices and competitions.
In the event of an emergency:
1. Provide immediate care of the injured student-athlete or staff member.
2. Activate Emergency Medical Services (EMS) using
a. Fixed Telephone Line: Dial 9-911.
b. Cellular Telephone: Dial 911.
Instruct EMS personnel to "Report to the Intramural Fields using the _______ entrance. We have an injured student-athlete/staff member in need of emergency medical treatment. We are located on the field. A member of the Sports Medicine Team will be waiting for you in the Varsity Lot."
3. Notify Stanford Sports Medicine Staff at Arrillaga Family Sports Center Athletic Training Room by calling (650) 723-1214.
4. Retrieve necessary emergency equipment.
5. Direct EMS to the scene.
a. Open appropriate gates/doors.
b. Designate individual to "flag down" EMS and direct them to the scene.
c. Control the scene - Limit the scene to first responders. Remove bystanders.
Certified Athletic Trainer:
Lindsey Dame, Nina Holley, Jesse Free
1. From Campus Drive: Turn onto Galvez Street heading North, then turn Right on Nelson Road. Continue through the Varsity Lot towards Masters Mall. Continue on Masters Mall, turn Left on Churchill Mall. IM El Camino is on the Right. Go through the open double gate either on the first field (Game Field) or through the open double gate on the Practice Field (Lacrosse, Sierra Square) just past the Game Field.
2. From El Camino Real: Turn Left onto Churchill Mall.