2011 NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Tennis Championships Taube Family Tennis Center - Stanford, Calif. Friday, May 20 - 9 a.m. - Taube South Women's Round of 16
#6 UCLA (21-5) 4
#11 VIRGINIA (20-8) 1
Doubles (Order of Finish: 3, 2)
1) No. 23 Dolehide/Remynse (UCLA) vs. No. 32 Hardenbergh/Vierra (UVA) aban.
2) No. 24 Hickey/Jones (UCLA) d. No. 20 Fraser/Tomljanovic (UVA) 8-2
3) Johansson/Montez (UCLA) d. Fuccillo/Peretz (UVA) 8-1
Singles (Order of Finish: 6, 2, 5, 1)
1) No. 57 McCall Jones (UCLA) vs. No. 27 Lindsey Hardenbergh (UVA) 6-4, 7-6 (1)
2) No. 60 Emily Fraser (UVA) d. No. 41 Noelle Hickey (UCLA) 6-4, 6-3
3) No. 76 Andrea Remynse (UCLA) vs. No. 101 Erin Vierra (UVA) aban.
4) No. 97 Pamela Montez (UCLA) vs. (118) Hana Tomljanovic (UVA) aban.
5) No. 77 Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) d. Caryssa Peretz (UVA) 6-2, 3-6, 6-0
6) Maya Johansson (UCLA) vs. Maria Fuccillo (UVA) 6-2, 6-3
UCLA Head coach Stella Sampras Webster
"I was a little concerned about our conditioning when the sun came out and Virginia really pushed us. We would have had to work really hard in the third set of those matches if it would have got that far. I am really pleased with the way we came out in the doubles. I thought we played really good in the doubles and I have to give credit to Virginia because they really made us work, but we fought really hard."
"McCall Jones has been battling and it is great to see her get that win because it is a tough position to play. Lindsey Hardenbergh has had a great season and it took a great effort to beat her. I think it is just going to help McCall for the next match that she plays."
Virginia Head coach Mark Guilbeau
"It was a great match by two really great teams. I give credit to UCLA. I think we have a very good doubles team, but we learned something today that I think will help us out in the future. I thought positionally they played extremely well. That was the closest to the net that I have ever seen teams play. That is fundamentally a big part of playing great doubles and I think that is something we are going to learn to do much better. I was really proud of how we fought back. Especially after a tough doubles like that I was really proud of our kids. We have a young group with nobody leaving and a couple of really good young players, so I am excited for them. I thought we handled the moment really well and we were just a couple of games away from that being 4-3 in our favor, so I am really proud of our girls. I am looking forward to getting to work with them for another stretch."