May 6, 2007
The final day of the Pac-10 Multi Event Championships, presented by 76 Gasolines concluded today at Cobb Track and Angell Field. Josh Hustedt claimed a sixth place finish in the Decathlon as he recorded a total score of 6849 points. Kara Bennett was the only finisher for the Cardinal in the Heptathlon as she placed 12th with her two-day total of 4416 points. Lauren Stewart decided to withdraw from the Heptathlon after competing in the long jump to open the second day of competition.
Hustedt began the second day by taking first place in the 110-meter hurdles as he posted a time of 14.44 to earn 918 points. He also took second place in the pole vault as he recorded a height of 15-07 (4.75m), earning 834 points. Arizona's Jake Arnold won the overall Decathlon championship with his final score of 7755 points.
Kara Bennett performed well in the javelin as she recorded a distance of 128-07 (39.19m) to earn 652 points. The Heptathlon title went to Diana Pickler of Washington State as she posted a two-day total of 6018 points.
The Pac-10 Track and Field Championships, presented by 76 Gasolines will continue Saturday-Sunday, May 12-13 at Stanford. The meet is slated to begin at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday with men's discus, while the running events start at 2:00 p.m. with the women's 1500-meter run.
Decathlon Final Results
1. Jake Arnold, Arizona, 7755 points
2. Eaton, Oregon, 7123 points
3. Rickey Moody, 7109 points
4. Joshua Kinnama, Arizona State, 7086 points
5. Blake Bidleman, Washington, 6865 points
6. Josh Hustedt, Stanford, 6849 points; 110 meter hurdles (14.44 - 918 pts); Discus Throw (115-10, 35.31m - 570 pts); Pole Vault (15-07, 4.75m - 834 pts); Javelin Throw (143-10, 43.85m - 498 pts); 1500 meter run (4:47.92 - 631 pts)
7. Steve Conrad, Cal, 6565 points
8. Casey DiCesare, UCLA, 6468 points
9. Justin Chambers, Washington State, 6390 points
10. Kyle Schauble, Washington State, 6385 points
11. Alexey Shkuratov, Oregon, 6239 points
Heptathlon Final Results
1. Diana Pickler, Washington State, 6018 points
2. Julie Pickler, Washington State, 5790 points
3. Jacquelyn Johnson, Arizona State, 5706 points
4. Quinley, Arizona, 5657 points
5. Shana Woods, USC, 5459 points
6. McFadden, Oregon, 5115 points
7. Grimes, Cal, 4972 points
8. Fuller, Washington, 4760 points
9. Richards, UCLA, 4752 points
10. Funkhouser, Oregon, 4450 points
11. Piana, Arizona State, 4425 points
12. Kara Bennett, Stanford, 4416 points; Long Jump (4.90m - 532 pts); Javelin Throw (128-07, 39.19m - 652 pts); 800 meter run (2:42.88 - 540 pts)
13. Oman, USC, 4270 points
** Lauren Stewart, Stanford, Scratch; Long Jump (5.77m - 780 pts); Withdrew From Competition