Hours of Operation
Stanford Stadium is not accessible to the public on non-game days. Stadium gates open approximately 1.5 hours prior to kickoff (subject to change). For your convenience and to ease concourse congestion, it is suggested that you utilize the gate nearest to your seating section. (NOTE: Student entry is at Gate 3)
To schedule a tour of the facility, please contact Facilities & Operations at (650) 723-1949.
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (except service animals)
- Backpacks, bags, purses and coolers larger than 12"x12"x15
- Banners and signs attached to poles
- Bicycles, rollerblades and skateboards
- Cans and glass containers
- Horns and any artificial noisemakers
- Strollers and lawn furniture
- Weapons and firearms
- Plastic containers (larger than 20oz or unsealed)
- Umbrellas (opened in stands)
- Whole fruit
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas inside Stanford Stadium.
Guest Services tents are located outside Gates 2, 4, 8, and 15. Inside the stadium, Guest Services stations are located at the north and south ends of the Main Concourse, above Sections 124 and 104. These locations are the headquarters for the full range of guest service and general information provided to our guests. Specific information on promotional events, stadium rules, policies and directional and informational brochures are available.
A new Stanford Stadium was unveiled in 2006, making the Home of Stanford Football one of the premier college football facilities in the nation. Originally built in 1921, Stanford Stadium played host to many historic events including the Super Bowl XIX, men's and women's World Cup Soccer matches, Olympic soccer competition, Presidential nomination, Track & Field, and numerous college football games.
The $100 million project on the new stadium began on November 26, 2005, moments after Stanford's final game. The project was completed in an unprecedented 42-weeks, in time to host the Cardinal's 2006 home opener versus Navy on September 16.
The state-of-the-art stadium is set in a park-like setting among groves of eucalyptus and oak trees.
- 50,000 stadium seats
- Seven luxury Skybox suites (3rd and 4th floors of Skybox)
- 400 Director's Level Seats (2nd floor of Skybox)
- 16,510 square feet of private meeting room space
- Two high-resolution video scoreboards
- Closed circuit television
- 200 concession points of sale
- On site stadium merchandise shop
- Natural turf playing field