About Cobb Track & Angell Field
Angell Field was originally dedicated on March 13, 1935 and named in honor of Dr. Frank Angell, who headed the Faculty Athletic Committee. It was originally built at a cost of $26,000. In 1996, the new, nine-lane track was completed, and the infield was renamed Otis Chandler Infield. In 1998, the Cathy and Dink Templeton Plaza, the bleachers, and the Payton Jordan Plaza were completed. The facility is home to both the men's and women's track & field teams, and is open everyday for campus recreation. In 2003, the track was resurfaced with Tartan.
The track is a 400 meter, nine-lane, all-weather track named in honor of the Charles Cobb Family. All field event competition venues except the hammer throw are contained within the track on the Otis Chandler Infield. There are multi-direction runways for the pole vault, long jump and triple jump.
In 2011, Cobb Track was resurfaced to contain the Beynon BSS 2000 Dual Durometer 13 mm synthetic track surfacing.
Ticket Office Information
The capacity of Cobb Track & Angell Field is 1,736. With 32 disabled accessible seats the total capacity is 1,772. Seating is located at the bleachers lining the north side of the field. Disabled seating is located between the two permanent bleachers and at the far ends of each permanent bleacher.
If tickets are sold for the event, the Cobb Track and Angell Field ticket booth will be located near the entrance between the two permanent bleachers, and will be available for event-day tickets only.
All other ticket inquiries, including advanced tickets and tickets to other sporting events, are handled through the main Stanford Athletics Ticket Office, located on the south end of Stanford Stadium at Gate 2. The office is open weekdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and can be reached at 1-800-STANFORD or through the Tickets Link on the website at gostanford.com.