STANFORD, Calif. – Welcome to the new-look GoStanford.com! The Stanford Department of Athletics, Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics, in conjunction with website host NeuLion and the Pac-12 Conference, unveiled a newly redesigned site on July 8, 2013. Eight of the 12 conference schools are set to unveil new websites today as part of a coordinated effort from the Pac-12.
The new GoStanford.com offers fans an emphasis on navigation with a cleaner design and quick links to vital content and information. An upgraded multimedia platform will provide significantly more video content, courtesy of The Cardinal Channel, available directly on the website.
Most significantly for users, and tying into the simplified look of the site, will be the user-friendly navigation and experience for portable and multi-platform mediums such as tablets and smartphones. NeuLion’s Responsive Design promises that the website automatically detects screen size and adjusts the site layout based on that information, enabling users to have similar experiences regardless of device.
The redesign process included surveys with fans, usability workshops with coaches, staff and students in conjunction with NeuLion and the Pac-12. It has been a concerted effort to make visiting GoStanford.com a better viewing experience for prospective and current student-athletes, fans, community members, alumni, coaches and media.
GoStanford.com will continue to provide sport schedules and results, videos, features, rosters, game previews and recaps, statistics, online guides, player and coach bios and historical information for the nation’s most successful intercollegiate athletic program with 19 consecutive Directors’ Cups.
Additionally, some of the highlights coming to the new GoStanford.com include:
• The masthead will serve as a future “sticky bar” in order to keep top-level navigation options available as the user scrolls. The restructured navigation bars provide easy access to features like tickets, fan zones and Buck/Cardinal Club information.
• Streamlined the front page headline experience to reflect high-level features and video content. All the latest previews and recaps will still reside on individual team pages with quick links also available in the main schedule module.
• The conference-driven scheduling platform will align the experience across all Pac-12 websites with quick links such as live stats, recaps, ticket and directions.
• Wider photos with the large lead story on the front page and in various sections of the site including each team’s landing page.
• Direct links to box scores, highlights and secondary links within the lead story viewer as a direct result of viewer input for quick access to specific material.
• Wide format video players built directly into the feature rotational section with specific sections for video enthusiasts. Additionally, by being part of the Pac-12’s integrated digital platform, Cardinal fans who receive Pac-12 Networks through their cable or satellite provider can access all seven networks via ‘TV Everywhere’ authentication through Pac-12.com directly from the schedule.
• Enhanced social media experience through partner #tagboard. Fans will be able to follow the #gostanford conversation under one umbrella from directly within the GoStanford.com website.
• A prominent “Ticket” menu at the top of every page will provide one-step online ordering for Cardinal fans.
We sincerely thank those members of our community that have shared their feedback. Please direct any feedback here. We hope you enjoy the new website layout. Go Stanford!