Pac-12 Tournament Quarterfinal
Colorado (17-14) – 23 • 31 = 54
Stanford (29-2) – 21 • 48 = 69
• Stanford improved to 12-4 all-time against Colorado with Friday’s 69-54 Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinal win. It also upped the Cardinal’s all-time record against the Buffaloes at the event to 2-0. Stanford defeated Colorado 61-47 in a semifinal matchup last year.
• Stanford advances to Saturday’s semifinal round, where at 6 p.m. PT it will take on the winner of this afternoon’s USC-Arizona State matchup.
• Stanford improved to 34-2 all-time in Pac-12 Tournament play.
• Chiney Ogwumike (19 points, 11 rebounds) and Mikaela Ruef (10 points, 16 rebounds) each had a double-double Friday, marking the fourth time this season that both players registered double-doubles in the same game.
• Ruef’s double-double was her fifth of the year, while it was Ogwumike’s 23rd.
• In two games in Seattle this year (Feb. 9 at Washington was the first one), Mikaela Ruef has grabbed a total of 38 rebounds and put up the top two single-game rebounding marks of her career. She pulled down a career-high 22 February 9 in an 87-82 loss at Washington, and 16 today against Colorado.
• Colorado led Stanford 23-21 at halftime, becoming only the fifth team this season to hold the advantage over the Cardinal after the opening 20 minutes. Stanford is now 3-2 on the year when trailing at the break.
• Junior forward Bonnie Samuelson scored 15 points for her fifth double-digit scoring performance over the past six games.
• Colorado’s 28 fouls were the most by a Stanford opponent this season.
• The 17 rebounds from Colorado’s Arielle Roberson are the most by an opposing player against the Cardinal this season.
• Chiney Ogwumike’s 19 points increased her career scoring total to 2,599, bringing her to 31 points away from breaking Candice Wiggins’ Pac-12 record of 2,629 career points.• Ogwumike’s 11 rebounds Sunday brought her Pac-12-leading career rebounding total to 1,494.