Stanford – 40 • 40 = 80
South Dakota State – 19 • 41 = 60
• Stanford went 3-0 to win the 2013 Hardwood Tournament of Hope title.
• Stanford is now 1-0 all-time against South Dakota State.
• Chiney Ogwumike posted her sixth double-double of the season with 29 points and 12 rebounds, and was named tournament MVP after averaging 26.0 points and 11.0 rebounds while shooting 78.0 percent (32-for-41) from the field over the three games.
• Stanford’s defense made a season-best 14 steals, led by a career high-matching five from Amber Orrange.
• Stanford hit the 20-assist mark as a team for the third straight game, passing out 23 against the Jackrabbits.
• Mikaela Ruef matched her career high with seven assists, last hitting that mark Nov. 15 against Cal Poly.
• Ruef’s 12 rebounds also marked her fifth double-digit rebounding game this season, second on the team only to Chiney Ogwumike (six).
• Freshman forward Kailee Johnson recorded season highs in points (10), 3-pointers (two) and assists (three) Thursday.
• Stanford’s freshmen combined for 30 points, led by 10 from Kailee Johnson. Erica McCall scored nine points, Karlie Samuelson had eight and Lili Thompson five.
• Nine of the 12 Cardinal players to see game action Thursday recorded an assist, led by seven from Mikaela Ruef.
• Chiney Ogwumike upped her career scoring total to 1,976 points and is now 62 points back of Jeanne Ruark Hoff, who is fifth with 2,038 points. Ogwumike also upped her career rebounding total to 1,213, keeping her fourth on Stanford’s all-time list, 13 behind older sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike’s third-place figure of 1,226. She is also just 53 behind Kayla Pedersen’s Pac-12 and Stanford record of 1,266.
• Ogwumike is also 24 points away from becoming the fifth member of Stanford’s 2,000-Point/1,000 Rebound Club.