New Mexico – 21 • 20 = 41
Stanford – 40 • 35 = 75
• Stanford is now 3-0 all-time against New Mexico after Monday’s 75-41 win. Monday’s contest was the first meeting between the teams since Nov. 20, 2008.
• Chiney Ogwumike became the eighth player to reach 2,000 career points, and the fifth member of the 2,000-Point/1,000-Rebound Club Monday as she scored a game-high 32 against New Mexico.
• Chiney Ogwumike’s 32 points marked her third 30-point game of the season.
• Mikaela Ruef matched her career high with three blocks Monday night. She also grabbed 10 rebounds for her sixth double-digit rebounding figure of the season.
• Freshman forward Erica McCall matched her season high with eight rebounds. She had previously hit that mark Nov. 26 against Purdue.
• Junior Taylor Greenfield scored a season-high eight points in her second game since returning to action due to a foot injury.
• Stanford recorded a season-high 12 blocks Monday, led by four from Chiney Ogwumike. The previous team best this year was six against Purdue on Nov. 26.
• New Mexico’s total of 41 points is the lowest by a Stanford opponent this season. The previous low was 45 by Gonzaga on Dec. 14. Stanford has now held three opponents to less than 50 points this year.
• Stanford’s defense held New Mexico to Cardinal opponent season lows in points (41), field goals (16) and field-goal percentage (24.2). The Lobos’ 16 field goals are tied with Texas for the lowest by a Cardinal opponent this season.• Chiney Ogwumike upped her career scoring total to 2,027 points and is now 11 points back of Jeanne Ruark Hoff, who is fifth with 2,038 points. Ogwumike also upped her career rebounding total to 1,227, moving her past older sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike for third on Stanford’s all-time list. She is also just 39 behind Kayla Pedersen’s Pac-12 and Stanford record of 1,266.