STANFORD, Calif.- No. 52 Stanford extended its season-high winning streak to six, blanking No. 22 Boise State 4-0 on Monday afternoon at Taube Family Tennis Stadium.
Coming off a three-match road sweep, the Cardinal (9-2, 2-0 Pac-12) continued its momentum by knocking off its highest-ranked opponent of the year.
The Broncos (18-4, 2-0 Mountain West) were one of the nation’s hottest teams, having entered the contest on an eight-match winning streak.
With rain in the forecast, the teams agreed to play singles first and Stanford quickly ripped off four victories.
Next up for Stanford are challenging road matches at No. 2 USC (Friday, April 4 at 1:30 p.m.) and No. 3 UCLA (Saturday, April 5 at 1 p.m.).
- - - - - - - -
No. 52 Stanford 4, No. 22 Boise State 0
1) Ho/Stineman (STAN) d. Bettles/Tenreiro (BSU)
2) Ball/Morrissey (STAN) d. McClain/Patton (BSU)
3) Romanowicz/Strobel (STAN) d. Mitchell/Sereke (BSU)
Order of Finish:
1) John Morrissey (STAN) d. No. 86 Andrew Bettles (BSU) 6-1, 6-4
2) No. 55 Maciek Romanowicz (STAN) d. Nathan Sereke (BSU) 6-4, 6-3
3) Daniel Ho (STAN) vs. Thomas Tenreiro (BSU) abandoned
4) Trey Strobel (STAN) vs. Garrett Patton (BSU) abandoned
5) Anthony Tsodikov (STAN) d. Brendan McClain (BSU) 6-2, 6-2
6) Robert Stineman (STAN) d. Brian Foley (BSU) 6-2, 6-2
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 1, 2