Hello there Stanford softball fans!
I hope everyone is having an excellent start to their week and was able to keep up with all the action in Palm Springs this past weekend. If not, never fear! Here is the weekly breakdown of this past tournament:
- Went 2-3 over the weekend, defeating Maryland and Syracuse.
- Scored three runs in the seventh against Maryland to send the game to extra innings, then scored six runs in the eighth to earn the victory.
- Hit nine doubles and two home runs as a team over five games.
- Madi pitched four complete games and recorded 16 strikeouts in 28.0 innings.
- Had four players hit over .300 over the five games.
We had an awesome time outside of softball too. Traveling is always entertaining and this trip was certainly no different. Many of us spent time playing card games, watching movies, and most importantly, we got to see Jessica Mendoza out at the field. She was even kind enough to take a picture with us (which Coach so kindly photo-bombed)!
Even though this past weekend didn’t go exactly as we had all hoped, it sure gave us motivation to come out ready to go this weekend in Florida.
So, we are headed out to the Sunshine State at 4 a.m. (yes, you read that right). But despite the early morning, this trip will be one to remember. Not only are we looking forward to playing some softball but our team is also being treated to a lovely dinner by the Dr. Marcello’s mom (yummy yummy)!
So until next week,
Quote of the Week: “It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up” — Vince Lombardi