Career Bests (thru 2014):
• Shot Put: 45-10 3/4 (13.99m)
• Discus: 142-0 (43.29m)
• Competed unattached in five meets, in the shot put and discus while redshirting.
• Opened at the Hornet Invitational, with a personal best of 45-10 3/4 in the shot.
• Established a PB in the discus of 142-0 while finishing seventh at the Payton Jordan Invitational.
• Did not compete.
• The graduate of Jesuit High in Carmichael was one of Northern California’s top throwers, earning a pair of top-three finishes at the Sac-Joaquin Section Masters Meet.
• Second in the shot put and third in the discus, earning state meet berths in both events in 2013.
• Best shot put of 58-4½ earned second at the SJS Division I finals.
• Improved by nearly 10 feet in each of the past two years in the shot, from 40-0 as a sophomore.
• Best discus of 164-2 came at the state meet prelims.
• The son of Javid Javidan-Nejad and Nasim Fazel.
• Has a younger sister, Monah.
• Born in Michigan.
• High school coaches and teammates called him "The Persian Machine."
• Volunteers at local Farsi school and co-runs summer sports camp for Persian youth in the Sacramento area.
• Awarded Art History Scholar of the Year at Jesuit High.
• Member of National Honors Society for two years.
• Anticipates majoring in biology with a possible career as an anesthesiologist.
• Was 6-foot-6, 285 pounds entering Stanford.