Career Bests (thru 2014):
• 400 Hurdles: 53.12
• 400: 48.85i
• 500: 1:04.35i
• 600: 1:20.68i
4x400 relay: 8th
• Strong improvement over the season led to a spot in the Pac-12 400 hurdles final and a sixth-place finish in a personal record 53.12 in Pullman, Wash.
• Set a lifetime best of 53.15 in the first round to advance.
• Ran the first leg on Stanford's winning 4x400 team at the Big Meet (3:12.07).
• Named to the Pac-12 All-Academic second team.
• Ran the 400 leg of Stanford's distance medley relay that finished third at the MPSF Championships (9:44.54).
• Was an alternate on Stanford's DMR NCAA title team.
• Ran the first leg on the winning 4x400 relay at the season-opening UW Indoor Preview.
• The time of 3:13.62 was No. 10 on the school all-time indoor list.
• The team bettered that mark in winning the invite race of the Husky Classic on Feb. 15, running the No. 8 indoor time in school history.
• Broke the former school indoor 400 record time of his father Garry, by running 48.85 at the Husky Classic.
• Stanford's top 400 hurdler.
• Ran his personal best of 54.98 in the semifinals of the Pac-12 Championships.
• Made his collegiate debut at the Big Meet, finishing third.
• Did not compete.
• Captured two titles at the 2012 New England Prep School Track Association Division I championships.
• Won the 110 hurdles in 14.84 and the 300 hurdles in 38.68.
• Had a high school best in the 110 hurdles of 14.48.
• Majoring in economics.
• Son of Garry Shumway, a former Stanford hurdler who continues to be ranked No. 7 on the school's all-time list in the 400 hurdles (51.71, 1981) and once held the Stanford record for the indoor 400 (49.29, 1982).
• Sister is Kate Shumway, who swam at USC.
• Grandfather, Forrest Shumway, earned undergraduate and law degrees from Stanford, and once held the world record for catching a 163-pound Pacific bigeye tuna.