Cardinal Contingent • Mariah Stackhouse, Casey Danielson, Lauren Kim, Mariko Tumangan, Marissa Mar
On the Web • GoStanford.com
Live Results • GoStanford.com
Social Hour • @StanfordWgolf • instagram.com/StanfordWgolf • #GoStanford
• Stanford gets back to action this week at the San Diego State Farms Invitational (March 24-26) at The Farms Golf Club in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
• USC captured the inaugural San Diego State Farms Invitational championship in 2013, winning handily by 21 strokes over runner-up Arizona with an 11-over 875. USC’s Sophia Popov returns to defend her individual title after posting a 1-over 217 last season.
• World Golf Hall of Famer and LPGA competitor Amy Alcott will be the featured speaker at this season’s event. Alcott has won 33 tournaments – including five majors – in her storied career.
• The three-day, 54-hole tournament gets underway Monday with tee times on holes 1 and 10, beginning at 8 a.m. (PT) on the par-72, 6,237-yard course layout.
• In addition to host San Diego State, the elite lineup features nine squads ranked in the Golfstat top 50, including No. 1 Southern California, No. 2 UCLA, No. 6 Arizona State, No. 13 Stanford, No. 14 Oklahoma State, No. 21 Oregon, No. 26 Miami, No. 36 California and No. 50 UNLV, while Cal State Fullerton, Idaho, New Mexico, Portland State, UC Irvine and Xavier round out the field.
• Margot and Mitch Milias Director of Women’s Golf Anne Walker previews the event …
“We’re looking forward to some tough competition this week. The course is tough and will create a great challenge.”
The Last Time Out
• Stanford tied with Auburn for 10th at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate at 47-over after rounds of 297-303-299 (899).
• Casey Danielson was Stanford’s highest finisher, tying for 15th as her 75-74-71 was 7-over for the tournament.
The Next Time Out
• Stanford closes out the regular season at the Ping/Arizona State Invitational (April 4-6) in Tempe, Ariz.