STANFORD, Calif.- Playing its first dual match in over two weeks, Stanford defeated Nevada 5-2 on Monday afternoon at Taube Family Tennis Stadium.
The Cardinal (5-2, 0-0 Pac-12) had been idle since notching a 7-0 shutout of Furman back on March 8.
After sweeping the doubles point to take a 1-0 lead, Stanford collected singles victories at four of the six spots in the singles lineup.
Maciek Romanowicz secured the match with a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Quentin Mege at the No. 3 spot.
Nevada (11-3, 0-1 Mountain West) received singles wins from Moez Chargui at No. 2 and Andrew Poustie at No. 4.
Stanford returns to action on Wednesday, beginning a three-match road swing that opens at UNLV. The Cardinal then faces Utah on Friday and Arizona on Sunday.
- - - - - - - -
Stanford 5, Nevada 2
1) No. 71 Morrissey/Romanowicz (STAN) d. No. 32 Allan/Ouvrard (NEV) 8-6
2) Ho/Stineman (STAN) d. Chargui/Mege (NEV) 8-3
3) Ball/Strobel (STAN) d. Poustie/Sunago (NEV) 8-3
1) John Morrissey (STAN) d. Victory Ouvrard (NEV) 4-6, 6-1, 1-0
2) Moez Chargui (NEV) d. Daniel Ho (STAN) 5-7, 6-4, 1-0
3) No. 55 Maciek Romanowicz (STAN) d. Quentin Mege (NEV) 7-5, 6-2
4) Andrew Poustie (NEV) d. Trey Strobel (STAN) 2-6, 6-4, 1-0
5) Anthony Tsodikov (STAN) d. Ryan Andrada (NEV) 6-2, 6-1
6) Robert Stineman (STAN) d. Fernando Sunago (NEV) 6-2, 6-2