Darius Rucker Intercollegiate
Friday-Sunday, March 7-9
Long Cove Club • Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Cardinal Contingent • Mariah Stackhouse, Casey Danielson, Lauren Kim, Quirine Eijkenboom, Marissa Mar
On the Web • GoStanford.com
Live Results • GoStanford.com
Tee Times • Play will begin each day at 8 a.m. (ET)
Social Hour • @StanfordWgolf • instagram.com/StanfordWgolf • #GoStanford
• Stanford heads to the East Coast while taking part in the third annual Darius Rucker Intercollegiate. A Cardinal victory would give it three in a row, and four on the season.
• Headlining the event is musician Darius Rucker, who will perform a private concert for the players, coaches and guests.
• The 17-team field consists of 11 ranked teams, including six of the top 10. The participating programs include No. 3 Duke, No. 4 Arizona State, No. 6 Alabama, No. 7 Arkansas, No. 8 Oklahoma, No. 9 Stanford, No. 12 South Carolina (host), No. 14 Vanderbilt, No. 24 Auburn, No. 25 LSU, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Furman, North Carolina, Virginia and Wake Forest.
• The par-71 Long Cove Club will play at 6,142 yards.
• Sculpted by nationally-renowned golf course architect Pete Dye, the course is considered one of Hilton Head Island’s most flexible and exciting private golf courses.
• Steeped in the rich history of the Old South, the 18-hole championship course embraces the romance and charm of the Carolina Lowcountry. It is widely hailed as one of Pete Dye’s finest works of art.
The Last Time Out
• Mariah Stackhouse held on to win the UC Irvine Invitational (Feb. 24-25) by shooting a final-round 73 to claim a two-shot victory over Pepperdine’s Grace Na at Santa Ana Country Club. Stackhouse finished the 54-hole tournament with a 4-under 212 (70-69-73) for her fourth career win and seventh top-10 showing on the season.
• To go along with the victory, Stackhouse received a sponsor exemption to the 2014 Kia Classic (March 27-30) at the Aviara Golf Club.
• Stanford pulled out its third team victory with an even-par 864 (289-289-286) at the par-72, 5,842-yard course. The Cardinal is one victory away from matching its three-match winning streak to begin the spring portion of last season’s schedule.
• Stanford went for 2-under on the final circuit to distance itself from second-place Texas A&M. The Cardinal bettered the second-place Aggies by 13 strokes, with Pepperdine (879), Gonzaga (891) and Long Beach State (894) rounding out the top five.
• Three Cardinal players finished in the top four and each of its five performers fell within the top 50 at the 13-team event. Lauren Kim and Casey Danielson tied for fourth at even, Quirine Eijkenboom (+7) tied for 13th and Mariko Tumangan (+20) tied for 44th.
The Next Time Out
• Stanford will travel to the San Diego State Farms Invitational (March 24-26) in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.