Feb. 15, 2003
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Stanford University synchronized swimming team defeated the University of Arizona and the University of Alabama-Birmingham in a tri-meet on Saturday afternoon in Alabama.
The Cardinal finished with 84 points, ahead of UAB's 80 and Arizona's 62. Stanford won three of the four events on the afternoon.
The Cardinal now returns home to host the Stanford Invitational on Saturday and the West Regional on Sunday. Both events will be held at the Avery Aquatic Center.
Collegiate Synchronized Swimming Tri-Meet
Saturday, February 15, 2003
At Birmingham, Alabama
Stanford 84, Alabama-Birmingham 80, Arizona 61.
1. Bogdana Zareva (UAB), 88.833
2. Ashley McHugh (Stanford), 88.000
3. Alia Arbas (Arizona), 84.667
4. Felicia Quintana (Arizona), 69.334
2. UAB (Amanda Haeuser, Bogdana Zareva), 87.167
4. UAB (Stephanie Jackson, Stacey Jackson), 85.166
5. UAB (Stacy Leiker, Kara Morgan), 84.167
6. Arizona (Alia Arbas, Audra Arbas), 83.334
7. Arizona (Michelle Wilson, Zeenat Ahmeda), 78.167.
2. UAB (Stephanie Jackson, Stacey Jackson, Stacy Leiker), 86.000
4. Arizona (Jeanie Studer, Adriana Lopez, Audra Arbas), 79.667
5. UAB (Kelli Dickerson, Megan Kelly, Kara Morgan), 0.000
2. UAB (Luna Aguilu, Kelli Dickerson, Amanda Haeuser, Stephanie Jackson, Stacey Jackson, Stacy Leiker, Kara Morgan, Bogdana Zareva, Alternate: Megan Kelly), 89.833
3. Arizona (Alia Arbas, Jeanie Studer, Michelle Wilson, Adriana Lopez, Audra Arbas, Zeenat Ahmedi, Michaela Johnson, Michelle Meyer), 85.833
4. UAB (Hannah Freer, Kristen Kramer, Megan Kelly, Sarah Pikal, Moraine Ruddick), 85.750