March 31, 2006
Eugene, Ore. - Stanford (18-0, 5-0 Pac-10) earned its third win of the week today with a 6-1 victory at Oregon (12-6, 1-3 Pac-10) this afternoon at the Student Tennis Center.
Stanford won all three doubles matches to secure the first point of the day. On court two, the Cardinal faced a tough fight, when Oregon's of Monica Hoz de Vila and Claudia Hirt tied the score at 8-8, but Theresa Logar and Anne Yelsey won the tiebreaker 7-1 to help Stanford sweep the doubles point.
In singles, the Cardinal swept on courts two through five as Stanford won its 73rd-straight match.
The Cardinal will return home next week, as Stanford hosts UCLA on Firday and USC on Saturday. The Cardinal and the Bruins will start play at 1:30 p.m., while the Stanford-Trojans match first serve is set for noon.
#1 Stanford 6, Oregon 1
1. Amber Liu/Celia Durkin (S) def. Dominika Dieskova/Anna Olivos (O), 8-2
2. Theresa Logar/Anne Yelsey (S) def. Monica Hoz/Claudia Hirt (O), 9-8 (7)
3. Lejla Hodzic/Jessica Nguyen (S) def. Anna Powaska/Carmen Seremeta (O), 8-3
1. #50 Dominika Dieskova (O) def. #15 Amber Liu (S), 6-2, 6-2
2. #6 Theresa Logar (S) def. Anna Powaska (O), 6-1, 6-1
3. #41 Whitney Deason (S) def. Anna Olivos (O), 7-5, 6-0
4. #31 Celia Durkin (S) def. Carmen Seremeta (O), 6-4, 2-6, 6-3
5. Lejla Hodzic (S) def. Monica Hoz (O), 6-4, 6-2
6. Jessica Nguyen (S) def. Claudia Hirt (O), 6-1, 7-6 (7-3)