Nov. 12, 2011
Stanford Post-Game Notes
Oregon, November 12, 2011
- Andrew Luck moved past Steve Stenstrom into second place all-time with 74 touchdowns. Stenstrom (1991-94) had 72 touchdown passes. John Elway has the record with 77. The touchdowns this season, 29, is now second all-time to Luck's single game record of 32 last year.
- It was just the third time in Andrew Luck's career he has thrown two interceptions (35 games). He threw two interceptions in back-to-back weeks at Notre Dame and at Oregon last year.
- The loss snapped a school-record and the nation's longest winning streak at 17 games. Stanford's last loss, also to Oregon, came in Eugene on October 2, 2010. The streak also snapped an 11-game home streak with the last loss at Stanford coming on November 21, 2009 to Cal.
- The five turnovers is the most since Stanford had four against San Jose State in 2009.
- Stepfan Taylor has rushed for 99, 95 and 99 yards the last three weeks.
- The 129 yard rushing is the lowest of the season (Stanford had 141 yards on the ground against San Jose State to open season and 139 yards at Washington State).
- Prior to tonight, the last time Stanford trailed at the half was against Notre Dame, at home, in 2009 (24-20).
- The 50, 360 fans was the fourth consecutive sellout for the Cardinal. Six of the seven home games are (or will) be sellouts, with San Jose State the only non-sellout this season.
- With the loss, the game against California for the 114th Big Game will be at 7:15 p.m on ESPN.