2011 NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Tennis Championships
Taube Family Tennis Center - Stanford, Calif.
Saturday, May 21 - 4 p.m. - Taube South
#4 OHIO STATE (34-2) 4
#5 BAYLOR (22-5) 2
Doubles (Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2)
1) No. 5 Maytin/Peers (BAY) d. No. 21 Allare/Kobelt (OSU) 8-3
2) No. 81 Buchanan/Uzawa (OSU) d. No. 52 Ramirez/Rux (BAY) 8-6
3) Novak/Rola (OSU) d. Bley/Grangeiro (BAY) 8-3
Singles (Order of Finish: 2, 3, 4, 6, 1)
1) No. 4 Blaz Rola (OSU) d. No. 19 John Peers (BAY) 4-6, 7-6 (8), 6-3
2) No. 10 Chase Buchanan (OSU) d. No. 68 Sergio Ramirez (BAY) 6-2, 6-2
3) Jordan Rux (BAY) d. No. 107 Ille Van Engelen (OSU) 7-5, 6-1
4) No. 102 Roberto Maytin (BAY) d. No. 50 Matt Allare (OSU) 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
5) No. 65 Devin McCarthy (OSU) vs. No. 97 Kike Grangeiro (BAY) aban.
6) No. 111 Balazs Novak (OSU) d. Julien Bley (BAY) 7-6 (2), 6-3
Ohio State head coach Ty Tucker
"This was a really tough fight. We knew going into it that they fight like we do and it was by no means going to be an easy match. Our guys were fighting down to the end and I am really happy with how we finished this one out."
"Virginia really has had their way with us lately, in indoors the past few years and then in NCAA's a couple years back. So I think we are going to enjoy this one for a few hours and then open up the old notes to see what we can do. We are very happy to be going into the Final Four."
"We know they [Virginia] are an excellent team. If we can get the 3,000 Stanford fans to come out and cheer for us, that would be great. We can buy them dinner or something and get them on our side."
Baylor head coach Matt Knoll
"We left a lot on the table. We were up a break on No. 2 doubles, had two break points and honestly, I just thought got a little tight from that point on. We came out really well to get in that position but just couldn't get the second break. John (Peers) played a great tiebreaker and I thought he played better in the second set, but his guy picked it up."