Nov. 26, 2008
This holiday season, Stanford Athletics has partnered with the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, one of the nation's largest food banks, to fight against hunger. From November 24 through December 13, Stanford Athletics will hold a Holiday Food Drive in an effort to collect 1, 250 pounds of food and raise funds to benefit Second Harvest programs.
If achieved, Stanford Athletics' collection goal will help serve approximately 977 meals to families, seniors and children in need. To meet this goal, coaches and staff of the athletic department will collect food donations and offer online contributions.
Fans of Stanford's 35 sports programs can also contribute to the cause by dropping off food donations at the following events or can contribute online at www.virtualharvest.net:
- NCAA Women's Soccer Quarterfinals (Stanford vs. Portland): Friday, November 28, 2008 - Laird Q. Cagan Stadium
- Stanford Men's Basketball vs. Colorado: Saturday, November 29, 2008 - Maples Pavilion
- Stanford Women's Basketball vs. Fresno State: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - Maples Pavilion
To contribute to Stanford Athletics' campaign online follow these simple instructions:
- Visit www.virtualharvest.net
- From Donor Type, select "Companies - 250 or more"
- From Organization Name, select "Stanford Athletics"
- To donate on behalf of a specific team, select from "Team Name."
For more information about Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, visit: www.2ndharvest.net.