March 18, 2000
Columbus, Ohio - Junior Shannon Montague and sophomore Lindsey Wigginton finished third and fourth in the figure competition on Friday, and currently stand at one-two in solo final qualifying going into the final day of competition at the Collegiate National Championships. The two lead the Cardinal Synchronized Swimming squad, which is currently in first place after two days of competition. Stanford took first place in the team Semi-final competition on Friday, with a close 98.200-98.000 victory.
Last year, Stanford defeated Ohio State in overall points by a narrow 92-91. This year looks to be a close competition as well, with the Cardinal aiming to defend their national title.
The final competition will take place on Saturday, with the duet final first, followed by the solo finals and then team finals.
Collegiate National Championships at Ohio State University (Friday, March 17)
Figures 1 Carolina Moreas (OSU) 83.112 2 Isabela Moreas (OSU) 82.358 3 Shannon Montague (STAN) 81.252 4 Lindsey Wigginton (STAN) 81.010 5 Heather Moore (OSU) 80.649Team (semi-finals)
1) Sara Bonnell, Julie Enos, Ahley Ensign, Paige Freiheit, Stephanie Joukoff, Shannon Montague, Lindsey Wigginton, Kristi Wright (STAN) - 98.200
2) Alia Arbar, Tarin Forbes, Mary Hofer, Beth Kreimer, Heather Moore, Carolina Moreas, Isabela Moreas, Kristen Price (OSU) - 98.000
3) Ann Marie Altman, Marietta Aruta, Suzanna Hyatt, Anna Eng, Ellen Faulhaber, Alisha Hendren, Andrea McGirr, Allison Volz (OSU) - 92.200
4) Luna Aguila, Aline Altman, Kelli Dickerson, Hannah Freer, Kristen Kramer, Erica Levine, Moraine Ruddick, Begdana Zareva (UAB) - 90.600
5) Heather Forester, Caren Gellin, Kate Matusiak, Jennifer Murzyk, Jennifer Rzepecki, Jill Wright (Canisius) - 87.967