Sept. 8, 1998
PAN PACIFIC TEAM Kurt Grote (1996 Olympian; 1998 World Champion; 130 career NCAA points) Tom Wilkens (2-time high-point winner at U.S. Summer Nationals; 5-timeNCAA champ) Dod Wales (11-time All-American)
PAN AMERICAN TEAM Steven Brown (1998 World Championships qualifier; 3-time NCAA finalist as freshman) Justin Ewers (5-time All-American; NCAA Champion) Adam Messner (4-time All-American; Pac-10 Champion) Sabir Muhammad (24-time All-American; 5-time NCAA Champion)
WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES TEAM Tate Blahnik (1998 Pan Pacific Team Qualifier; 2-time NCAA Champion) Glenn Counts (5-time All-American; NCAA Champion) Matthew Pierce (4-time All-American; NCAA Champion)
* - Ten different Stanford swimmers qualified to represent the United States; the most of any university.
* - No university has more swimmers on any of these three national teams than Stanford.
* - Stanford is the only university to have representatives in all four strokes and the Individual Medley.
* - Stanford has national team reps in 9 of 13 individual events.
* - Stanford swimmers hold three of the four breaststroke spots on the Pan Pacfic Team.