UC Davis – 20 • 28 = 48
Stanford – 34 • 32 = 66
• Stanford improves to 9-7 all-time against UC Davis with Sunday’s 66-48 win. The Cardinal has now won eight in a row against the Aggies.
• Stanford head coach Tara VanDerveer won her 897th career game, moving her to just three wins away from becoming just the fifth women’s basketball head coach to reach 900 wins. Her career record after Sunday is now 897-204 (.815).
• Senior forward Chiney Ogwumike posted her 62nd-career double-double and fourth in as many games this season as she scored 28 points to go with 15 rebounds. She also went 13-for-22 from the field.
• Chiney Ogwumike upped her career scoring total to 1,880 points, keeping her in ninth place on the Stanford list, 61 points behind Kayla Pedersen, who is eight with 1,941 points. Ogwumike also upped her career rebounding total to 1,174, keeping her fourth on Stanford’s all-time list, 52 behind older sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike’s third-place figure of 1,226.
• Freshman guard Karlie Samuelson posted season highs of eight points, six assists, four rebounds and 33 minutes played Sunday.
• Freshman forward Erica McCall made the first start of her collegiate career, and scored five points with six rebounds.
• Stanford’s 49 rebounds were a season high, and the fourth time in as many games that the Cardinal has pulled down at least 40 rebounds (44 at Boston College, 42 at Connecticut, 47 vs. Cal Poly).• UC Davis shot just 34.0 percent (18-53) from the field Sunday. Over the first four games of the season, Stanford has held every opponent to under 40-percent shooting from the field.