Prior to Stanford
• 2014 graduate of Sunnyslope High School in Phoenix, Ariz.
• National rankings included: Scout.com (No. 71 overall, No. 10 position), Rivals.com (No. 47 overall) and ESPN.com (No. 65 overall, No. 16 position)
• Averaged 16.7 points and 11.5 rebounds as a senior
• Averaged 11.0 points and 8.0 rebounds as a junior
• Led the Vikings to a 28-4 record and advanced to the state semifinals
• Versatile two-sport standout who also played quarterback
• Member of the Arizona Magic AAU team
• Participated in the Pangos All-American Camp this summer
• Born in Phoenix, Ariz.
• Parents are Tim and Kim Humphrey
• Has two sisters, Lauren and Katie
“Stanford provides everything both on and off the court. Whether it’s the academics or athletics, the people you get to meet or the location, there are just endless opportunities. I just kind of fell in love with the campus and obviously the academics are the best in the world. I think the athletics are going to continue to excel and it’s an exciting time for the program. The location is far enough away where I feel like it will be a new experience but close enough where I will not be far from home.”
Coach Dawkins Says:
“Michael is a late bloomer and was someone we, as well as the entire country, learned about a little later as a result. We had heard about his growth during last season and started contact with him because of it, along with his great academic profile for us. After one initial viewing in the summer, we knew that we wanted him as a part of this class. He is a versatile forward who has a very bright future. As his high school’s quarterback, Michael just led the football team to an undefeated regular season. Now focused solely on basketball, it will be exciting to see Michael develop physically and his game continue to grow with us.”