STANFORD, Calif.- Playing its first dual match in two weeks, Stanford blanked Furman 7-0 on Saturday afternoon at Taube Family Tennis Stadium.
After competing in the Pacific Coast Doubles tournament last weekend, the Cardinal returned to the court for the first time since dropping a 7-0 decision to No. 9 California on Feb. 22.
Stanford (4-2, 0-0 Pac-12) collected wins on courts one and three to claim the doubles point and grab a 1-0 lead.
The Cardinal notched five straight-set victories in singles, including Yale Goldberg’s 6-2, 7-5 clincher at the No. 6 spot.
It was Stanford's second shutout of the year, as the Cardinal also blanked Hawai'i on Jan. 29.
Following its 16-day break for exams, Stanford returns to the court on March 24, hosting Nevada at 12 p.m.
- - - - - - - -
Stanford 7, Furman 0
1) Ho/Stineman (STAN) d. Behal/Steryous (FUR) 8-3
2) Browne/Cook (FUR) d. Goldberg/Morrissey (STAN) 8-4
3) Ball/Strobel (STAN) d. Christ/Ben Horst (FUR) 8-2
1) John Morrissey (STAN) d. Adam Steryous (FUR) 4-6, 6-1, 1-0 (8)
2) Daniel Ho (STAN) d. Matt Browne (FUR) 7-5, 6-7 (5), 1-0 (11)
3) Trey Strobel (STAN) d. Jacob Behal (FUR) 6-2, 6-3
4) Anthony Tsodikov (STAN) d. Alex Christ (FUR) 6-4, 6-1
5) Robert Stineman (STAN) d. Luke Synn (FUR) 6-2, 6-2
6) Yale Goldberg (STAN) d. Joel Cook (FUR) 6-2, 7-5