* Three-Time All-American *
2014 Season (Sophomore):
- Placed 20th at the NCAA Championships (30:41.9, 10K) in only his second meet of the season.
- Earned All-America honors.
- Was No. 2 runner on Stanford's NCAA runner-up team.
- 13th at Pac-12 Championships (23:56, 8K) and No. 3 Stanford runner in season debut.
- Named to the All-Pac-12 second team.
2013 Season (Freshman):
- Won the 2-14 U.S. junior national championship while leading Stanford to a 1-2-3 sweep of the 8K race (24:44) at Flatirons Golf Course in Boulder, Colo.
- Won the North American, Central American, and Caribbean junior cross country title and led the U.S. team to victory on Feb. 22, 2014, at Mount Irvine, Tobago.
- An All-West Region selection after finishing 12th at the NCAA West Regionals in Sacramento.
- Was No. 4 on the team in 29:57 (10K).
- Was Stanford's No. 4 (161st overall) at the NCAA Championships (31:13.1) in Terre Haute.
- Broke on to the scene by finishing fifth overall and No. 1 for Stanford in his collegiate debut, at the Pre-Nationals in Terre Haute, Ind., on Oct. 19.
- His time was 23:38.97 over 8K.
- Was on Stanford's Pac-12 Championship squad, but DNF'd.
- While running unattached, was fifth at the Stanford Invitational and No. 3 among all Stanford runners (24:32, 8K).
Track and Field:
- Eighth at the 2015 NCAA Outdoor Championships in the 5,000, earning first-team All-America honors.
- Sub sub-4:00 mile in his first collegiate track race, indoors at UW Preview.
- Earned second-team indoor All-America honors with 10th place at 2015 NCAA's.
- Has bests of 3:40.62 in 1,500, 3:59.34 in mile, and 13:37.64 in 5,000.
- • Won the North American, Central American, and Caribbean junior cross country title and led the U.S. team to victory on Feb. 22, 2014, at Mount Irvine, Tobago.
- Won the 2013 New Balance Outdoor Championships with a state record 8:45.61 for two miles in Greensboro, N.C.
- Led wire to wire to win by nearly seven seconds.
- It was the second-fastest two-mile in the country in 2013.
- Won every cross-country race in 2012, except for a runner-up finish in the FootLocker nationals in San Diego.
- Among his victories was a state-meet record 14:47 over 5K to win the Virginia Group AAA title
- Repeated as the Virginia 3A champion in the 3,200.
- Followed his 9:05.51 title-winning run in 2012 with 8:58.02 victory in 2013.
- Ran 4:04.47 to set a Penn Relays high school mile record.
- It was the No. 3 mile in the country in 2013.
- Fourth at the 2013 U.S. junior nationals in the 1,500, in 3:49.26.
- Ran a 4:11.95 mile during a special Nike Elite camp high school race at the Olympic trials.
- Son of Kevin and Vicki McGorty, who both ran track and field at North Carolina.
- Father Kevin competed in the 1988 and 1992 decathlon Olympic Trials.
- Has younger brothers Ryan and Brandon.
- Majoring in management science and engineering.