Feb. 16, 2013
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Stanford women's squash team entered Saturday's Howe Cup consolation semifinal match with Cornell ready to avenge an early season loss.
Despite a strong team performance, the Cardinal came up just a little short and was defeated by the Big Red, 5-4.
Seniors Pamela Chua and Julie Koenig led the way for Stanford, posting victories in the first and fourth positions. The Cardinal also received victories from Serena Fagan and Carolyn Gillette.
One of the most competitive matches of the day occurred between Stanford's Madeleine Gill and Cornell's Jamie Laird. It was the only match to go five games with Laird claiming the deciding fifth game by an 11-8 decision.
Stanford will return to the court Sunday to complete its 2013 Howe Cup when it takes on No. 8 Brown at 7 a.m. (PT).
1. Pamela Chua def. Danielle Letourneau (7-11, 11-6, 11-9, 11-7)
2. Jesse Pacheco def. Julie Koenig def. Abbey Foster (8-11, 14-12, 11-8, 11-3)
5. Serena Fagan def. Rachel Au (11-9, 11-1, 11-6)
6. Maggie Remsen def. Alexandra Huchro (11-5, 11-6, 8-11, 11-9)
7. Brynn Daniels def. Ariel Posner (9-11, 11-9, 11-9, 11-4)
8. Lindsay Seginson def. Sarah Haig (11-7, 11-3, 11-3)
9. Carolyn Gillette def. Brynn Daniels (11-7, 14-12, 11-4)